“Slow down” – you probably hear it enough: do not spend your time with insane Christmas shopping, rushing around and getting nervous. Of course, it is not that easy in the 21st century, but I now share some natural gift ideas so that you can feel better and make your loved ones happy:
Instead of big shopping malls, choose the beautiful little Hungarian shops. Shop Hungarian designer, artisan and handcrafted products. Wrap it in natural materials such as paper, real twine rope, linen pouches or canvas bag – they can even reuse it after. Natural and handcrafted products are sometimes cheaper: my tips will include everything from a few hundred products to the more expensive leather bags, so you will definitely find an alternative that suits your wallet and the taste of your loved ones.
And please note before buying anything – there could be one little thing which can make every one of your loved ones the happiest: is that you are present! That you are in the moment and your focus is on them, nowhere else.
1. Designer products, handcrafted gifts:
Clothing and accessories:
– Touchmenot: Hungarian, clothes and accessories made from organic certified cotton.
– PamutApparel: 100% fairtrade organic cotton clothes.
– Kamorka: one of my favourites. They make 100% certified organic clothes for kids and women, not to mention that they have their own dressmaker. Unfortunately they had to close for a while but they are back! 🙂
– Elischer_r: unique hand- and ethically made women’s clothing.
– Tutyi: 100% certified organic and ethical knitted baby and accessory products.
– MalinkoBags: Hungarian, handcrafted bags and accessories made from sustainable, natural and non-chemical materials.
– BlindChick: Hungarian, handmade, waxed backpacks and bags for cyclists and nature lovers.
– Repityke: Hungarian ecodesign bags and accessories.
– DucsaiLeather: Hungarian, high-quality bags and accessories made primarily of plant-based tanned leather.
– Racka: Hungarian made backpaks, bags and accessories.
– Textil Szakacs Niki: Hungarian textiles, scarves, eye masks, bags dyed with plant-based dyes.
– Botanika: Hungarian handmade, sustainable fashion and textiles painted with natural plant-based dyes.
– Zer Jewel: Hungarian handcrafted jewellery.
– PLANTETHICS: nature inspired fair trade, sustainable and handmade jewelry and accessories.
Bio make-up and cosmetic products (last one is not Hungarian):
– AdrienneFeller: Hungarian, professional and high-quality cosmetic products made with 100% pure essential oils and natural, plant based ingredients, such as face mist, hydrating balm, facial oils, moisturizer products, face cleansing products, essences, elixir, 100% pure essential oils and sun lotion products.
– MesterSzilviCosmetics: my favourite beautician, she is a professional AdrienneFeller cosmetician and has a beautiful salon. To arrive here as a woman is like being in a beauty island where we can have a real treat – everything is neat and tidy, you have a whole dressing-room as it was a star’s room, Szilvi only uses AdrienneFeller natural products and is waiting for you with a cup of tea.
– Nagora: Hungarian natural cosmetics made from palm oil-free, vegan, COSMOS and BDIH certified ingredients, such as hand creams, facials and cleansers.
– Manna: Hungarian, palm oil free, vegan, COSMOS and BDIH certified natural cosmetic products such as soaps, bath balls, deodorants, essential oils.
– Fleur De Lin: Hungarian natural cosmetics, facials, deodorants.
– Naurel website: you find bio make-up products from different organic brands from around the world.
Book, ceramics, kitchen, zero waste home:
– Csipet publisher: demanding cookbooks from Hungarian and foreign authors, in Hungarian, also available for online order. My favourite is: “Tésztaműhely – How to make pasta at home, and “Krém.egyszerű” – Creams and sauces; but I will also get “Kovásziskola” – SourdoughSchool” and “Fermentáljunk” – Let’s ferment books as well. I know my favourite baker Misi via this publisher after publishing their “Akik elmentek péknek” – Who’s changed for baking, book.
– “Dobd ki a szemetest” book: @hulladek_nelkul zero waste book from founder Andi Tóth.
– Malinovka: time sheets, sketchbooks, booklets and other stationery made with traditional, manual binding methods and from recycled and creative materials, by preferring manual procedures.
– Heroes of Responsible Dining calendar (a super calendar with sustainable tips, featuring seasonal vegetables and fruits), textile napkins and tea towels.
– TheSortingBags: practical linen bags, textile bags and backpacks, textile napkin, non-paper kitchen towel, textile bowl cover and soap bag.
– ShamoBags: super wooden cutlery and bowls, canvas bags, backpacks, rush baskets and slippers, waterproof bags, linen bags.
– Cibi: reusable napkins for sandwich packaging, reusable pouches and textile napkins.
– BlessYouTextil: textile napkins and tissues.
– CornidesAgnes: handprinted textile products.
– UrbanZerowaster: zero waste products.
– Error’N More: rustic potter products – cups, plates, platters, accessories.
– TundeRuzicska: beautiful art crafts – cups, plates, platters, accessories.
– Enikő Kontor: rustic vases and platters.
– LantosJudit ceramics: modern potter products – cups, plates, platters, accessories.
– Kezemura: rustic tableware pieces for your everyday rituals.
– HugiCeramicDesign: modern tableware.
– Greenway Candle: vegan candles. They also do donation from each candle.
Essential oil and tea gift boxes:
– Panarom: 100% pure natural essential oils and essential oil blend gift boxes by the beauty and aromatherapy expert Adrienne Feller. You can also find aroma diffusers on their webshop or in AdrienneFeller Store.
– Györgytea: with the knowledge of Uncle Gyuri Szabó (the Bükk medicine man), they make 100% additive-free teas and extracts, exclusively harvested from Hungarian herbs. In addition to the unique teas, you can also purchase a selection of fine tea blends, herbal extracts, gift boxes, Uncle Gyuri Szabó’s books or calendars.
Local and designer stores (where you can find the products of HUN designers and craftsmen):
/most of them having Hun website only/
– Prezent: Hungarian handmade products and their own organic clothing brand Touchmenot – organic cotton clothes, hats, scarves, belts, bags, kitchenware, booklets, diaries, natural children toys, candles.
– CikkCakk stúdió: shop of Botanika, PLANTETHICS, Shamo Bags, studioreta and evuska.home Hungarian designer and artisan brands.
– Printa: self-branded natural designer clothes and handicraft items – dresses, pillows, pictures, graphics, bath and kitchen accessories. One of the first EcoConscious brands in Hun.
– Pauza: Hungarian natural handcrafted products – blankets, candles, picture frames, bathroom and kitchen accessories.
– ZeroHero: online webstore with Hungarian handcrafted products such as ShamoBags, Cibi and Felelős Gasztrohős calendar.
– Hulladékmentes.hu: online zero waste products, such as Zero waste book or old-school coffee machine.
– Nepazarolj: package free shop where you will find seeds, dried fruits, pastas, flour, oils, vinegar, sweets, Hungarian jams and syrups, teas, spices and herbs, dairy products, natural cleaning products and zero waste products and much more to help you shop for the Christmas menu.
– Ligeti Bolt Csomagolasmentes: the other package free shop in Budapest where you can buy glass bottles, sugar-free desserts, seeds, dried fruits, pastas, flour, oils, vinegar, sweets, Hungarian jams and syrups, teas, spices and herbs, dairy products and zero waste products – all the ingredients you need for your Christmas menu.
2. Workshops and gift cards:
Choose workshops for your loved ones where naturalness and sustainability is important, such as: workshops for eco conscious life – soon to be held in renewed form (@shamobags), vegan christmas candy making workshop (@franziska), herbal tea and flower salt making workshops (@bazsalikomoskert) , pasta making workshop (@varosikonyha) or “herbal tea-ceramic-plant painting” workshops (@textilszakacsniki).
3. Homemade gift ideas:
You can create beautiful things with your own hands. Whether cheaper or more expensive, this is always a winning idea, as your love is there. Knit a scarf, sew clothes, paint a picture, make your own cd, bake additive-free cookie, make homemade pasta or make a pre-made cake base in jar.
4. Farmer’s markets and artisan bakeries:
Another great tip is to visit the Hungarian farmers markets, where you will find additive-free, organic and handmade products. A few of Budapest’s farmers markets to look for: RómaiParti Market, Pancs Gasztroplacc, Kiskert Market, Szimpla Market, Vegan Sunday Market, Czakó Market, Biokultúra Ecomarket, Hegyvidék Producers Market, Moving Market, Hold Street Market , PiciPiac. From chutney gift boxes to books, from gifts to Christmas menu ingredients, you’ll find everything in these markets, even on Golden Sunday (and Saturday): my favourite producers are the @szorgosgazda (additive-free pickles, sauces and veggies), @diochutney (chutneys, spreads), @mesterkamra (jams, chutneys, syrups), @kanálka (chutneys, jams), @viblance (vegan granola, muesli, porridge), @tunki-tunki (sauces, creams, spreads), @cilikert (veggies), @szomorfarm (my favourite meat products without additives, they also breed their animals in natural and healthy environment, focusing on their well-being), @mendula (my favourite additive free “nutella”=hazelnut cream, and other nut creams).
Farmer products, brands I can recommend:
Chutneys, sauces, creams: @diochutney, @mesterkamra, @kanálka, @tunki-tunki, @gourmetanddelicious, @l’akoma, @all.in.naturalfood .
Cold-press oils and nut flour: @grapoila.
Chocolate, honey and spices: @palotaicsokolade , @petnehazymeheszet , @delitymez , @magyarmezmanufaktura , @afuszereslany .
Meat, eggs and products of them: @szomorfarm , @madarkaskert, @fekedistifolder , @csogleisonka .
In addition, if you are looking for a real sourdough panettone or Hungarian bejgli, I wholeheartedly recommend Jacques Liszt bakery products @jacqueslisztbakery – made by my favourite bake @misiapek.
Don’t forget the best croissants in the city at: @freyja_thecroissantstory.
You can also find delicious bakery products in these artisan bakeries: @artizanbudapest , @panificioilbasilico , @pipacspekseg , @butterbrothers , @marmorsteinbakery , @jm6bakery .
In case you would invite someone for a nice and additive-free dessert, I recommend you to visit NaspolyaNassolda or Zabrakadabra, but they even have some gifts boxes with their treats.
There is nothing better than supporting your loved one’s New Year’s resolution plan. If this would be a workout session or plan for you, for your family or friends, feel free to check my online workouts. If you are interested in personal training or online personal training, please email me on the contact menu of my website. The Georganic Method is natural, healthy and sustainable.
Follow the craftsmen and producers mentioned above on Facebook or Instagram as you can buy their products any other time of the year.
Hope I could help in this Christmas madness!
Have a peaceful and blessed Christmas! 🙂
If you want to further deepen your knowledge, check out our packages or subscribe to our newsletter.
Photo by Caley Dimmock on Unsplash